1. TOURNAMENT'S NAME:
Waterloo National Pee-Wee Tournament
2. ORGANIZED BY:
Les Tournois de Hockey Pee-Wee de Waterloo
3. REGULATIONS AND GENERAL INFORMATIONS:
The Tournament regulations will be those of Hockey Quebec Inc. and those of C.H.A. (Canadian Hockey Association) with the exception of the tournament regulations hereinafter described. Eligibility for the players: born between January 1st 2009 and December 31st 2010.
4. DATES OF TOURNAMENT:
From January 17th to January 30th 2022 inclusively.
5. PLACE OF THE TOURNAMENT AND ADDRESS:
Arena Jacques-Chagnon de Waterloo, 205, Lewis Street West, Waterloo, Quebec, J0E 2N0.
- PEE-WEE (M-13): "AAA (relève)" , "BB" & "B" (from January 17th to January 23rd 2022)
- PEE-WEE (M-13): "AAA". "AA" & "A" (from January 24th to January 30th 2022)
- Minimum of players for each team: 10 players + 1 goaler in double letters teams. For class AAA (minor), a maximum of three (3) players born in 2009.
- Jersey colour: Local: dark and Visitor: pale (as possible).
7. SYSTEM OF ELIMINATION: (as a rule)
Three (3) games minimum and round robin tournament for all.
The Home and Visitor teams are only those mentioned on the schedule (therefore no lottery such as Flip of the coin).
8. REGISTRATION FEES:
Inscription for the tournament:
- Pee-Wee "AAA", "AAA (relève)", "AA", "BB", “A”, and “B” : (2022) 605,00 $CAD
- Entrance fees charged to the team : 375.00 $CAD
- TOTAL: 975,00 $CAD
- Teams outside of Quebec: : (2022) 1 000,00 $CAD
- Entrance fees charged to the team : 375,00 $CAD
- TOTAL: 1 375,00 $CAD
9. IMPORTANT DATES:
- dead line for registration: November 1st, 2021
- date for selection of the participating teams: November 3rd, 2021
- mailing of regulations: November 5th, 2021
- the return of Hockey Quebec forms: December 1st, 2021
10. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
10.1 TEAMS FROM QUEBEC:
- Verificatin Binder
- A copy of the league's schedule;
- Duly approved Regular and Affiliate Players’ Certificates or the Team Registration Form as well as the Reserve List as applicable.
- Score sheets for the last five (5) games played just before its first game scheduled in the tournament
- Tournament permit (if not already sent).
NOTE: It is the team's responsibility to pick-up its binder immediately after its last game in the tournament.
10.2 TEAMS OUTSIDE OF QUEBEC: Rule 9.5.4 D)
- A "Travel Permit" issued by the Branch or the Association of which the team is a member;
- Contracts issued by said Association or Branch from which the signature of the players can be verified;
- Proof of age for each of the players;
- A schedule of the league where the team usually plays;
- Score sheets of the team's last five (5) games played just before its first game scheduled in the tournament.
11. STANDING TIE BREAKER RULE:
See regulations of Hockey Quebec Inc. (Article 9.8)
12. CHRONOMETRAGE AND RESURFACING OF THE ICE:
- Warm up period: two (2) minutes maximum;
- Three (3) periods of twelve (12) minutes each stopped time for all classes Pee-Wee. There is a rest of one (1) minute between the first and the second period. Teams change ends and the game continues immediately.
- There will be a break at the end of the second period in order to resurface the ice.
- Except for the semi-finals and finals, during the third period of play, as soon as there is a difference of seven (7) goals between the teams, time will be running for the rest of the game, even though the spread may diminish. (Penalties are served using stopped time). No time out is permitted when playing running time.
- Each team will be allowed one (1) TIME OUT per game, except in the situation described above in the paragraph d).
13. OVERTIME PERIOD:
- ROUND ROBIN GAMES: no overtime period;
- WHERE GAMES HAVE TO BE COMPLETED: Regulations of Hockey Quebec Inc. (article 9.7.1), except c) hereafter.
- SEMI-FINAL AND FINAL GAMES: Regulations of Hockey Quebec Inc. (article 9.7.1 D).
14. MINOR OFFICIALS:
The minor officials of the tournament are: the time-keepers, score-keepers and goal judges.
15. ADMISSION FEES:
Admission fees: None, since admission fees are included in the registration fees.
16. TRANSPORTATION OF PLAYERS:
The tournament is not responsible for the transportation of players.
17. CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHIES:
- A trophy will be given to the winning team in each class for official presentation and photographs. However, a replica of the trophy will be given to the winning teams to carry home.
- Each finalist team will be officially honored.
- Special trophies will also be given to certain players in each class.
18. TEAM RULES:
Teams must arrive at the Arena Jacques-Chagnon de Waterloo or at the arena indicated in the schedule, at least ONE (1) HOUR before their game according to the tournament schedule.
a) FIRST AID: First aid services are supervised by emergency first responders.
b) DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE: The tournament has a discipline committee composed of five (5) members.
c) SNOWSTORM: The tournament organizing committee has the right to delay a game if a team is late because of a snowstorm. However, the organization will give a time limit to anyone who may not be present at the scheduled time (15 minutes). In addition, the tournament organizing committee would reschedule a game, for snowstorm reasons, only if the Ministry of Transportation declared closed roads. If such a situation were to occur, the team concerned should inform the organization of the tournament, which will then take the necessary steps to avoid any concerns. If the tournament organizing committee is obliged to cancel one or many games due to a SNOWSTORM, it will look at the possibility of rescheduling the game(s) within their or neighbouring associations' time slots. In the case of extreme impossibility, the tournament organizing committee may proceed to draw the winner, regardless of where the teams come from. The same regulations as a major breakdown would be applied: "mutatis mutandis".
20. INTERPRETATION CLAUSE:
The French version of the present regulations shall prevail over its English version.